SummaryThe Board of Governors of the American Board of Radiology is issuing a Call for Applications for the position of executive director. The current executive director is retiring on or about July 1, 2020, and the start date for the new executive director is negotiable. Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2019.PositionThe executive director supports the Board of Governors and the Board of Trustees and oversees the operation of the ABR office and its staff of approximately 100 employees. The position reports to the President of the ABR. The executive director represents the ABR to the public and medical community at large at the discretion of the president and Board of Governors. The executive director is responsible for the management of operations of the Board and directly oversees those staff members who support the board in this effort. The executive director is assisted in these duties by designated associate executive directors for each of the ABR specialties.Specific Responsibilities
- Extensive experience as a diagnostic radiologist, radiation oncologist, interventional radiologist, or medical physicist.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated accomplishment in leadership and management roles involving strategic planning, operations, human relations, and information technology management.
- This is a senior level position that will utilize previously acquired experience and expertise.
- Receipt of a written or electronic letter of intent with a request to be considered a candidate for the position. Any preconditions of confidentiality or process should be identified in this letter of intent.
- CV with relevant professional references must accompany the letter of intent.
- Brief accompanying statement of rationale, motivation, and intent to serve (approximately 400 words maximum).
- Contact information, including but not limited to, business and personal phone, email, mailing address, and preferred method for communication.
- Statement of waiver of confidentiality for ABR contact with sources of reference.
Help spread the word