IR/DR Transition Pathway FAQs
Last verified on January 25, 2018
On this page
- What type of certificate will I be issued?
- What will happen to my diagnostic radiology certificate when the IR/DR certificate is issued?
- Who is eligible for this pathway?
- What is the last date that I can apply for this pathway?
- What type of VIR fellowship is eligible?
- What percentage of my practice must be in IR?
- I am in a solo practice. Who can attest to the time I spend in IR?
- I am in a free-standing practice. Who can attest to the time I spend in IR?
- If I have been participating in MOC and am up to date on my fees. Do I still need to pay a fee to take the exam?
- What type of CME credits must I have?
- Do the CME credits have to be in IR?
- What type of documentation do I need to submit for the CME and SA-CME requirement?
- What type of exam will I take?
- How often is the oral component of the IR/DR certifying exam given?
- Where is the oral component of the IR/DR certifying exam given?
- How many chances will I have to pass the exam?
- Can I “condition” the exam?
- What happens if I fail the exam?
- Can I still get an IR/DR certificate if I don’t pass the exam by 2020?