MOC Gen Whole Practice Discount
Maintenance of Certification
MOC > Whole Practice Discount
Whole Practice MOC Discount
THE WHOLE PRACTICE MOC DISCOUNT PILOT PROGRAM
As an incentive for group practices to encourage MOC participation by all their members, the ABR is offering a group-wide discount of 10 percent on the current year’s annual MOC fees. Discounted fees were available to members of qualified practices beginning in 2014, and this pilot program will take place through 2017.
Please note the following policies:
- Fees are nonrefundable. If individuals pay on their own, they cannot receive a refund and then have the group pay their fees.
- The ABR will continue to bill individual diplomates. Before paying their fees, diplomates should check with their practices to determine if they are participating in the Whole Practice Discount Program.
- If the group has a diplomate who is in the first year of MOC and chooses to defer his or her payment, this would not keep the group from qualifying for the Whole Practice Discount. However, the discount for that diplomate would not apply until payment is made during the following year.
- Payments made after March 1 will be assessed a late fee.
- Diplomates remain responsible for all MOC payments.
Requirements for receiving the Whole Practice MOC discount are outlined below.
WHOLE PRACTICE MOC DISCOUNT REQUIREMENTS FOR 2017
By March 1, 2017, all the group’s eligible participants1 must:
- enroll in MOC, and
- opt in to MOC Team Tracker, and
- pay all outstanding and current fees
Practices meeting the requirements listed above by March 1, 2017 will be issued a refund as outlined below:
- Refund will be issued only for eligible participants1 whose payment was made through MOC Team Tracker by a Group Practice Administrator (GPA).
- Refund will be paid to the group, not to individual diplomates.
- The refund amount will be 10 percent of 2017 MOC annual fees.
1Definition of MOC Team Tracker Eligible Participants
MOC Team Tracker eligible participants include:
- All ABR-certified diagnostic radiologists, radiation oncologists, and medical physicists who are full-time or part-time practice members.
- Eligible participants may form one group or may be divided into separate groups according to discipline (i.e., diagnostic radiology, radiation oncology, or medical physics).
- Time-limited certificate holders
- Lifetime certificate holders
MOC Team Tracker Eligible Participants do NOT include:
- Locum tenens ABR-certified diplomates (not employees)
- Contracted ABR-certified diplomates (medical physics only)
- ABR-certified diplomates certified by and participating in another ABMS Board’s MOC program