IR/DR Certifying Exam Scoring and Results
Last verified on April 17, 2023
On this page
Exam ScoringAll ABR exam scoring is criterion referenced, meaning that a passing standard is established in advance of the exam. The exam is not graded on a curve, and there is no set percentage of failures. To learn more about this method and how it differs from norm-referenced scoring, please visit our Exam Scoring Model page.
- Each component of the exam (computer-based and oral) is scored separately as pass/fail.
- To achieve an overall pass result, a candidate must pass both the computer-based and oral components of the exam.
- Candidates who fail the exam may re-examine in the computer-based and/or oral component(s) of the exam as needed.
Exam Results PostingCandidates will be notified of their results for the computer-based component of the IR/DR Certifying Exam approximately one month after the exam. Candidates will be notified of their results for the oral component of the IR/DR Certifying Exam approximately two weeks after the last day of the exam. To track the scoring progress of the computer-based component of the IR/DR Certifying Exam, please click here.
Certifying (Oral) Exam – Feedback Request
- The intent of feedback is to provide a candidate with a general indication regarding areas of weakness; it is not an opportunity to revise scoring.
- The fee for feedback is $150.
- To request exam feedback, complete the form located here.
- Results will be sent to the candidate by email. Please allow up to 90 days for a response.
Certifying (Oral) Exam ResultsFirst-Time Takers
|Year||Percentage Passed||Total Examinees|