Last verified on May 13, 2020
Information for Program Directors and CoordinatorsThis page includes information that may be of special interest to program directors and coordinators.
|Add new residents to myABR
Please see Program Checklist: New Resident Entry.
|July 1-31, annually|
|Resident registration - completed on each resident's myABR account||July 1 - September 30, annually. Late registrations will be accepted until October 31.|
|Training verification forms||Emailed to programs annually in January; due back to ABR March 1|
|Core Exam invitation-CVENT email||Emailed to eligible residents approximately 3 months prior to exam|
|NRC Forms A and B: verifies resident has completed the appropriate NRC training for AU eligibility||Email reminder to programs in early February; due June 1, annually, for graduating residents|
|Core Exam results||Posted on myABR 8-10 weeks after the exam|
|Final verification forms||Emailed to programs annually in June; due back to ABR August 1|
|Certifying Exam Invitation||Email notice sent to eligible candidates approximately 4 months prior to exam|
|Certifying Exam||Emailed to eligible candidates approximately 2 months prior to the exam|
|Certifying Exam results||Posted on myABR 8-10 weeks after the exam|
Resident RegistrationBeginning July 1, program directors or coordinators may add their new residents to their myABR account. First-time applicants with the ABR must use our online system to register. However, they cannot do so until program directors or coordinators complete the registration process in myABR, which includes the photo submission component. This task must be completed by July 31. Residents are encouraged to complete their registration on myABR during their first year (PGY2/R1) of training. The first annual fee is due at the time of registration. Payments must be made via myABR.
- The program coordinator or director will be prompted to complete a second page of information that will consist of a photo and acknowledgments.
- When completed, the resident will be notified and asked to complete his or her registration.
- The resident’s registration will be updated to include a section where he or she reviews and either approves or declines the photo.
- If the photo is approved, the resident can continue the registration process.
- If the photo is declined, the registration will be locked, and an email will be sent to the program coordinator and director requesting that a new photo be uploaded.
- The program coordinator or director will be able to upload a new photo on the program page, after which the resident will receive another email requesting that the registration be completed.
- The photo approval/decline process will be repeated until the photo is approved.
- To prevent additional fees for residents, please ensure all photos are updated before September 30 each year.
Residency Transfers Between Integrated IR ProgramsResidents are expected to remain in the same program for all five years. If a resident wishes to transfer for any reason, that transfer must be approved by the initial program director as well as by the new program director. A list of satisfactorily completed rotations must be provided to the new program director, who can accept all or some of them. To notify the ABR of a transfer, please submit a letter from each program that includes the following:
|Initial Program||New Program|
|Resident’s start and end training dates||Resident’s start and anticipated end training dates|
|Did resident leave the program in good standing?||Will all training completed be accepted?|
|Program Director signature||Program Director signature|