Last verified on February 6, 2018
Information for Program Directors and Coordinators
This page includes information that may be of special interest to program directors and coordinators.
|Add new residents to myABR
||July 1-31, annually
|Resident registration - completed on each resident's myABR account
||July 1 - September 30, annually
Late registrations will be accepted until October 31, but a $400 late fee is attached
|Training verification forms
||Emailed to programs annually in January; due back to ABR March 1
|Core Exam invitation-CVENT email
||Emailed to eligible residents approximately 3 months prior to exam
|NRC Forms A and B: verifies resident has completed the appropriate NRC training for AU eligibility
||Email reminder to programs in early February; due June 1, annually, for graduating residents
|Core Exam results
||Posted on myABR 8-10 weeks after the exam
|Final verification forms
||Emailed to programs annually in June; due back to ABR August 1
|Certifying Exam invitation - Step 1: Practice Profile
||Email notice sent to eligible candidates approximately 4 months prior to exam
|Certifying Exam invitation - Step 2: CVENT Email
||Emailed to eligible candidates approximately 3 months prior to the exam
|Certifying Exam results
||Posted on myABR 8-10 weeks after the exam
Beginning July 1, you may add your new residents to your account in myABR. First-time applicants
with the ABR must use our online system to register. However, they cannot do so until you complete the registration process in myABR, which includes the photo submission component. This task must be completed by July 31.
Residents are encouraged to complete their registration on myABR during their first year (PGY2/R1) of training. The first annual fee is due at the time of registration. Payments must be made via myABR
When a program coordinator or director is entering a new resident in myABR, the following steps will take place:
- The program coordinator or director will be prompted to complete a second page of information that will consist of a photo and acknowledgments.
- When completed, the resident will be notified and asked to complete his or her registration.
- The resident’s registration will be updated to include a section where he or she reviews and either approves or declines the photo.
- If the photo is approved, the resident can continue the registration process.
- If the photo is declined, the registration will be locked, and an email will be sent to the program coordinator and director requesting that a new photo be uploaded.
- The program coordinator or director will be able to upload a new photo on the program page, after which the resident will receive another email requesting that the registration be completed.
- The photo approval/decline process will be repeated until the photo is approved.
- To prevent additional fees for your residents, please ensure all photos are updated before September 30 each year.
Residents are expected to remain in the same program for all four years. If a resident wishes to transfer for any reason, that transfer must be approved by the initial program director as well as by the new program director. A list of satisfactorily completed rotations must be provided to the new program director, who can accept all or some of them. To notify the ABR of a transfer, please submit a letter from each program that includes the following:
|Resident’s start and end training dates
||Resident’s start and anticipated end training dates
|Did resident leave the program in good standing?
||Will all training completed be accepted?
|Program Director signature
||Program Director signature
If a resident has withdrawn from your program, submit a signed letter to the ABR confirming the resident’s official end date with your program.
Leaves of Absence
Leaves of absence and vacation may be granted to residents in accordance with the ACGME policy. For questions about leaves of absence, please contact the ACGME.
Training verifications will confirm eligibility for the Core Exam. The Core Exam has been developed to be taken during or after 36 months of diagnostic radiology residency training.
Final verifications will confirm successful completion of the residency training requirements, namely, 48 months of training, a minimum of 4 months in nuclear radiology, a minimum of 3 months in mammography/breast imaging, and no more than 120 days of leave.
Did you find what you needed on this page?