Last verified on June 19, 2017myABR two weeks after last day of the exam.
ConditionsIf you fail one or two categories, you have conditioned the oral exam. A conditioned candidate will be examined by two examiners in each conditioned category on the next year’s scheduled dates. The candidate must receive passing scores from both of these examiners to remove the condition. A candidate who has conditioned one or two categories may voluntarily elect to re-take the exam in subsequent years within the six-year interval of board eligibility.
FailuresIf you fail three or more categories, you have failed the entire exam and must retake all eight categories. A candidate who fails the oral exam may be reexamined on the next year’s scheduled dates, but may voluntarily elect to re-take the exam in subsequent years within the six-year interval of board eligibility.
Certifying (Oral) Exam – Feedback Request
- The deadline for requesting feedback is 60 days after the date your results were posted for your review.
- The intent of the feedback is to provide a candidate with a general indication regarding areas of weakness, andis not an opportunity to revise scoring.
- If you have conditioned one or two categories of the exam, the ABR will provide feedback at no charge if requested. You may request feedback by email to email@example.com.
- If you have failed the overall exam, the fee for feedback is $250. You must pay by credit card. Please note that due to security issues, the ABR cannot accept credit card forms by email.
- You must submit your request in writing by mail or fax:
- Mail: 5441 E. Williams Circle Tucson, AZ 85711-7412
- Fax: (520) 790-3200
- Certifying Exam feedback results will be sent to you by email. Please allow four to six weeks for a response.
Certifying Exam Results History
First-Time Residents – Three-year Averages
|Years||Average Number of First-Time Takers||Average Percentage Passing||Average Number of Non-First-Time Exam Takers||Average Number of Total Exam Takers|
|2014 – 2016||163||90||25||188|