Last verified on October 14, 2019myABR two weeks after last day of the exam.
ConditionsCandidates who fail one or two categories will have conditioned the oral exam. A conditioned candidate will be examined by two examiners in each conditioned category on the next year’s scheduled dates. The candidate must receive passing scores from both of these examiners to remove the condition. A candidate who has conditioned one or two categories may voluntarily elect to re-take the exam in subsequent years within the six-year interval of board eligibility.
FailuresIf a candidate fails three or more categories, he or she has failed the entire exam and must retake all eight categories. A candidate who fails the Oral Exam may be reexamined on the next year’s scheduled dates, but may voluntarily elect to re-take the exam in subsequent years within the six-year interval of board eligibility.
Certifying (Oral) Exam – Feedback Request
- The deadline for requesting feedback is 60 days after the date a candidate’s results were posted for his or her review.
- The intent of the feedback is to provide a candidate with a general indication regarding areas of weakness, and is not an opportunity to revise scoring.
- If a candidate has conditioned one or two categories of the exam, the ABR will provide feedback at no charge if requested.
- If a candidate has failed the overall exam, the fee for feedback is $250.
- To request exam feedback, complete the form located here
- Results will be sent to the candidate by email. Please allow four to six weeks for a response.
Certifying Exam Results
|First-Time Takers (Residents ONLY)||Non-First-Time Takers*|
|Year||Percent Passed||Count||Percent Passed||Count|