Requirements and Registration
Last verified on September 2, 2021
On this page
RequirementsDiplomates must successfully complete one year of fellowship training (after residency) in a neuroradiology program accredited by the ACGME or by the RCPSC (Canada). They must also complete one year of practice or additional approved training, with at least one-third of that year spent in neuroradiology. Diplomates who successfully completed their training before 2019 will have 10 calendar years or until December 31, 2024, whichever comes first, to obtain certification. Those who complete their training in 2019 or later will have six calendar years.
- Fellowship position must be ACGME-accredited.
- Fellowship training must be documented by letter from the program director.
- Practice experience must be verified by letter from the chief of service or department chair.
- Evidence of a current state medical license with an expiration date must be provided.
- Before submitting a subspecialty application, any outstanding ABR fees must be paid in full.