Requirements and Registration
Last verified on May 2, 2022
On this page
RequirementsYou must successfully complete one year of fellowship training (after residency) in a pediatric radiology program accredited by the ACGME or by the RCPSC (Canada). You must also complete one year of practice or additional approved training, with one-third of that year spent in pediatric radiology. Diplomates who successfully completed their training before 2019 will have 10 calendar years or until December 31, 2024, whichever comes first, to obtain certification. Those who complete their training in 2019 or later will have six calendar years. Candidates who did not earn pediatric subspecialty certification before their board eligibility expired have a time-limited opportunity to become certified through the Temporary Alternate Pathway.
- Fellowship position must be ACGME-accredited.
- Fellowship training must be documented by letter from the program director.
- Practice experience must be verified by letter from the chief of service or department chair.
- You must provide evidence of a current state medical license with an expiration date.
- Before submitting a subspecialty application, you must have paid any outstanding ABR fees in full.