Requirements and Registration
Last verified on June 23, 2021
On this page
RequirementsYou must successfully complete one year of fellowship training (after residency) in a pediatric radiology program accredited by the ACGME or by the RCPSC (Canada). You must also complete one year of practice or additional approved training, with one-third of that year spent in pediatric radiology. Diplomates who successfully completed their training before 2019 will have 10 calendar years or until December 31, 2024, whichever comes first, to obtain certification. Those who complete their training in 2019 or later will have six calendar years.
- Fellowship position must be ACGME-accredited.
- Fellowship training must be documented by letter from the program director.
- Practice experience must be verified by letter from the chief of service or department chairman.
- You must provide evidence of a current state medical license with an expiration date.
- Before submitting a subspecialty registration, you must have paid any outstanding ABR fees in full.