Requirements and Application
Last verified on December 1, 2020
To be eligible for Part 1 on a new application, candidates must meet one of the following:
- be enrolled in and in good standing with a CAMPEP-accredited program (graduate or doctorate in medical physics (DMP). The program director must attest that the candidate has completed or will complete the core courses, as described by CAMPEP, prior to the date of the exam;
- graduated from a CAMPEP-accredited program (graduate or doctorate in medical physics (DMP);
- completed a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program and have completed a PhD program at the time of registration;
- be enrolled in or have completed a CAMPEP-accredited residency;
- be partaking in an ABR-approved Structured Mentorship program.
ApplicationApplications for the 2022 Part 1 Exam are accepted between July 1 and August 31, 2021. Please check back during these dates for the application.
After an application is submitted:
Within 30 days, you will be notified via email of the status of your application and if we have any questions. If your application is approved:
- Approval notification will include instructions on how to pay the Part 1 application fee.
- You will receive an exam invitation via email approximately two months before the exam.
- You will be given one opportunity to appeal.
- You will be given 30 days from notification of denial to file an appeal.