Requirements and Application
Last verified on October 3, 2022
To be eligible for Part 1 on a new application, candidates must meet one of the following:
- be enrolled in and in good standing with a CAMPEP-accredited program (graduate, certificate, or doctorate in medical physics [DMP]). The program director must attest that the candidate has completed or will complete the core graduate curriculum, as described by CAMPEP, prior to the date of the exam;
- have graduated from a CAMPEP-accredited program (graduate, certificate, or doctorate in medical physics [DMP]);
- if enrolled in or completed a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program, you must have completed a PhD program at the time of registration;
- be enrolled in or have completed a CAMPEP-accredited residency;
- be partaking in an ABR-approved Structured Mentorship program.
ApplicationApplications for the August 2023 Part 1 Exam are accepted between February 1 and March 30, 2023. Please check back here during those dates for the application form.
After an application is submitted:
Within 30 days, you will receive instructions via email on how to submit the application fee. If your application is approved:
- You will receive instructions on how to pay the exam fee.
- You will receive an exam invitation via email approximately two months before the exam. The invitation will include registration information as well as additional instructions.
- You will be given one opportunity to appeal.
- You will be given 30 days from notification of denial to file an appeal.