Requirements and Application
Last verified on October 1, 2021
To be eligible for Part 1 on a new application, candidates must meet one of the following:
- be enrolled in and in good standing with a CAMPEP-accredited program (graduate or doctorate in medical physics (DMP). The program director must attest that the candidate has completed or will complete the core graduate curriculum, as described by CAMPEP, prior to the date of the exam;
- graduated from a CAMPEP-accredited program (graduate or doctorate in medical physics (DMP);
- completed a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program and have completed a PhD program at the time of registration;
- be enrolled in or have completed a CAMPEP-accredited residency;
- be partaking in an ABR-approved Structured Mentorship program.
ApplicationApplications for the 2023 Part 1 Exam are accepted between August 1 and September 30, 2022. Please check back here during that time period for the application form.
After an application is submitted:
Within 30 days, you will receive instructions via email on how to submit the application fee. If your application is approved:
- You will receive instructions on how to pay the exam fee.
- You will receive an exam invitation via email approximately two months before the exam. The invitation will include registration information as well as additional instructions.
- You will be given one opportunity to appeal.
- You will be given 30 days from notification of denial to file an appeal.