Part 2 Application
Last verified on June 19, 2017
Exam Application ProcessApplications for the Part 2 exam are accepted between December 1 and January 31. Please check back here on December 1, 2017, for the 2018 exam application.
Exam Application Schedule
- After your application is received, the ABR office staff will review it to verify all needed information is complete. If anything is lacking, you will be contacted via email.
- If applying based on 36 months of clinical experience, a reference form will be sent to the ABR-certified physician that you have indicated on the form. It is in your best interest to notify your references that this form will be coming. The Medical Physics Credentials Evaluation Committee (MPCEC) will not review your application until all documentation has been received.
- After all documentation has been received, the ABR office will forward your file to the MPCEC for review.
- After the MPCEC has reviewed your file and returned it to the ABR office, you will be notified of your eligibility to take the exam. If you are declined for any reason, you will be sent a letter explaining the reason for the decline. You will be given 30 days from the date of the letter to file an appeal and submit supplemental documentation, should you choose to do so. If the ABR office does not receive an appeal within 30 days, your file will be placed on hold, and you will be required to wait until the following year to reapply.
- If approved, you will receive an invitation via email approximately two months prior to the exam. The invitation will include the date that registration at Pearson VUE® will open and the due date for the exam payment (if applicable). After you have registered with Pearson VUE®, you must log in to myABR and pay the exam fee.